1 Cup Gram flour (besan)
1 Tbsp Citric acid
1 Tbsp Sugar
To taste Salt
A pinch of Turmeric
To make batter watery
1 Tbsp Fruit salt/ baking powder (dissolved in water)
For the Tadka
1 Tbsp Oil
1/2 Tbsp Mustard seeds
1 Dried red chilli
7-8 Curry leaves
1. In a bowl mix gram flour, citric acid, salt, sugar and turmeric. Add water and make it into a smooth batter with medium thick consistency.
2. In a glass make add the fruit salt or baking powder. Add water to it and pour this into the dhokla mixture.
3. Grease the steaming tin with 2 drops of oil and por the mixture into it. Steam for about 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
4. In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies. Let it splutter.
5. Pour the tadka over the prepared dhokla.
6. Cut into pieces and serve.