A popular snack recipe which is a great combination of flavour and good health!A thick gram flour and tamarind batter spread on arbi leaves, rolled, steamed and cut into small rounds to make an appetizing snack.
- 5 Colacasia leaves
- 150 Gram Gram flour
- 100 Gram Tamarind pulp
- 20 Gram Chilli powder
- 5 Gram Turmeric powder
- 2 Gram Asafoetida
- 2 Gram Cumin seeds, roasted
- 20 Gram Sugar
- 20 Ml Oil
- To taste Salt
- 30 Ml Oil
- 5 Gram Mustard seeds
- 10 Gram Sesame seeds
- 25 Gram Coriander seeds
- 75 Gram Coconut
For the preparation:
- Chop the coriander leaves.
- Grate the coconut.
- Cut off the thick veins and wash the colacasia leaves.
- Mix the listed ingredients and make a thick batter.
- Place a colacasia leaf on the table and spread a thin layer of the batter on top, place another leaf on top, repeat applying the batter. Fold in the sides of the leaf, then roll lengthwise into a tight roll.
- Steam the rolls for 30 minutes.
- Remove and cut them into 1 cm thick slices.
- Arrange the slices on a platter.
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds, when they crackle add sesame, coriander leaves, and coconut.
- Pour this tempering on the sliced patra. Serve warm.