Kachri ki Chutney is one of the most popular foods in Haryana. Kachri is a commonly found vegetable in the state. It is a wild variety of cucumber that resembles a small brown-coloured lemon. It is mostly consumed as a chutney or even sabzi, made with potatoes and other vegetables mixed together.
- 50 gm kachri
- 100 gm garlic paste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 10 gm red chilli powder
- 10 gm coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 gm cumin seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1.Soak the kachri for 5-6 hours and grind it to a fine paste.
- 2.Then mix well the kachri paste, garlic, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder.
- 3.Take oil in a pan.
- 4.Add the cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- 5.Add the asafoetida as well as the kachri mixture to it.
- 6.Add around 60 ml of lukewarm water.
- 7.Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes and remove from fire.
- 8.Note: Instead of pre packed red chilli powder, freshly ground red chillies give a far better flavour.