Yakhni is a popular yogurt based Kashmiri curry and this version is made with crunchy lotus Stem. It's infused with cardamom ginger, bay leaves and balanced out with rich curd.
- 500 gms lotus stem
- 500 gms yogurt
- 100 gms ghee
- 25 gms dry ginger powder
- 25 gms green cardamom powder
- 50 gms fennel powder
- 2 gms bay leaves
- 5 gms asafoetida
- to taste salt
- 1.Cut the lotus stem into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2.Whip the yoghurt.
- 3.Boil 1 litre of water and cook lotus stems for 10 minutes.
- 4.Add all the ingredients and cook briskly for another 15 minutes stirring constantly until the lotus root is tender and the gravy is creamy.
- 5.Serve as an accompaniment with rice.