Bengali desserts are great charmers. Sandesh is a super hit sweet, made with sweetened cottage cheese and flavored with cardamom and kesar.
- 150 gm paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1/2 cup khoya - grated
- 4 green cardamom - crushed
- Large pinch of kesar (saffron)
- 6 Tbsp sugar / gur
- 6 almonds - shredded thin lengthwise
- Blend the paneer, khoya and sugar/gur together till smooth. You can do this in a blender or use the back of a katori to mash them together.
- Mix in the elaichi and set in a layer about 1/2" thick.
- Refrigerate till set and cut into squares or diamonds and serve.