A typical way of cooking fish in Bihar or by the Bihari community is what makes Bihari Fish Curry different.The secret of this spicy curry is the typical masala. The masala is made from Coriander, Cumin, Black pepper, Mustard seeds and Red chili roasted slightly over low heat before grounding.
- 6 Pieces rohu fish
- 3 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 10 garlic
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 whole red chillies
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander leaves
- 1.Take the pieces of rohu fish in a bowl, add 2 tsp of salt and turmeric powder each along with chilli powder and oil.
- 2.Mash them with hands and keep aside for 15 minutes to marinate,
- 3.Now, take garlic, green chillies, mustard seds, black pepper corns, cumin seeds, whole red chillies and fenugreek seeds in a grinder. Along with it, add a tsp each of turmeric powder and salt along with tomatoes.
- 4.Grind all the ingredients together to make a paste.
- 5.Now take a pan and put mustard oil in it.
- 6.Put the mainated fish n to the pan and fry it well.
- 7.Now take the bay leaves and put in the pan along with the grinded paste.
- 8.Saute and add ½ a tsp of salt to mix.
- 9.Now put the fried fish into the paste. Mix well and add some water.
- 10.Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 11.Add garam masala and coriander leaves to the gravy. Stir well.
- 12.Serve hot.